Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Painting of Ana Alcaide - Songwriter in Toledo, Spain




As John, Bryan and I were touring Toledo, we heard beautiful music and saw a crowd gathered around a woman playing a nyckelharpa - keyed fiddle. Her CD is called COMO la LUNA y el SOL and her website is www.anaalcaide.com. I play her music often when I am painting and it takes me to a mystical and dreamy place... I am currently working on this painting of Ana. It is just so inspiring to see women around the world expressing from their heart and spirit which reaches out to so many... I hope that one day my art can touch someone like Ana's music has touched me.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post. So great to hear the story behind the work. Isnt it cool how music we listen to can add such an element to our art. Keep blogging! I love it- it is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mrs Harris, you are such an amazing, talented painter! I see where Em gets her talent from. this blog is amazing!! I am so excited to follow you on your painting adventures!

    I hope all is well with you!

    Xx

    Donna

    ReplyDelete