Sunday, February 21, 2010

San Gimignano, Italy and Ribollita Inspired

It's a beautiful sunny day in the Finger Lakes... and the perfect day to make soup and paint! I  bought all of the ingredients yesterday at Wegmans to make Ribollita... a tuscan soup that Emily and Julia loved while they were in Florence a few years ago and I have to say it is yummy!!!  Sitting outdoors, listening to the chickadees and aware of the snow melting... I am so grateful. My life is so good. Travel has brought into my life new artists that I admire, new foods and flavors to try, and a thirst to live each day to the fullest.
















Italy has been my inspiration for the past couple of weeks in my painting too. I just finished this painting of walking down a street in San Gimignano which is a small Medieval Town in Tuscany.  The colors are rich, just like the colors in the Ribollita!




No comments:

Post a Comment