Monday, October 12, 2009

Brantingham Lake- Adirondack Autumn Reflections



To begin with, it is getting much colder very fast in the Northeast and I am writing this blog with a cup of chai tea in hand and my dog "Banks" curled up on my lap with his sweatshirt on, trying to stay warm.
I have been loving the autumn reflections on the lake this year, capturing them with loose oil brushstrokes.





Prussian Blue is a new addition to my palette... and has been giving me some bold colors and dramatic effects. I hope to describe in this new work, the stillness and serenity of the lake as well as the dynamic beauty of nature.   Enjoy the day. Stop to capture the beauty around you for a few moments if you can.

1 comment:

  1. These look different to me..is it just the richer colors? i really like it. lisa

    ReplyDelete